Cat Behaviorist Consultation
We help cats who are suffering from:
Appointments with Dr. Valli
- Call us to schedule a consultation. Dr. Valli sees appointments on Monday, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays online via Zoom Video-Conferencing. We require a $100 reservation deposit which will be applied to the total cost of the consult. Please call us at 503.336.1202 to make the $100 deposit with a credit card.
- Fill out the online Cat Behavior History Form and submit it no later than 72 hours prior to your consultation. The more detail you provide in the form, the more time we can spend devising and implementing your pet’s customized treatment plan.
- Cancellation policy: We understand that life happens, and things can change suddenly or unexpectedly, leaving you unable to attend your scheduled appointment. Please review our cancellation policy to determine what applies to different circumstances.
- Cancellation without rescheduling the appointment – deposit is not refunded
- Rescheduling the appointment at least 72 hours before a scheduled appointment time – the deposit can be applied to a rescheduled appointment one time. If the appointment is cancelled or rescheduled a second time, the deposit is not refunded
- Rescheduling or canceling an appointment within 72 hours of a scheduled appointment – the deposit is not refunded
During the consult, Dr. Valli will spend some time observing your cat’s behavior, and clarifying any questions she may have from the Behavior History Form that you filled out prior to the consult. During a house call, she will also look at the places your cat likes spend time, as well as the litter boxes and layout of the house. Following this, she will…
- Help you understand your cat’s behaviors,
- Discuss diagnosis and prognosis of the problem behaviors,
- Discuss treatment options with you, including as appropriate environmental management and behavior modification techniques best suited to your cat and make it practical for you to follow-through with them. The techniques described will be progressive and compassionate,
- Discuss follow-up recommendations based on you and your cat’s needs
After the consultation, Dr. Valli will send you a summary of the findings of the consultation, and send a copy to your primary veterinarian as well to keep them updated as part of your cat’s behavioral health team. Follow-up behavior modification classes and sessions may be recommended to help facilitate treatment, and are available with one of our Certified trainers.
The initial consultation includes phone and e-mail contact with Dr. Valli up to your pet’s Progress Evaluation Recheck. Rechecks occur between 1-3 months after the initial assessment depending on the cat’s behavioral conditions and treatment plan. Subsequent rechecks occur 3-6 months after that.
|Behavioral Health Assessment (At Behavior Center)*||$315, up to 1 hour|
|Behavior Progress Evaluation (For existing clients, at Behavior Center)*||$225 up to 1 hour|
|Additional pet with problem directly related to primary pet’s problem
(for example two cats that are fighting)
* Includes up email and phone behavioral support until the time of your cat’s next Progress Evaluation.
**Please contact us for our travel zone.
Please visit our FAQ page for more information.