Vet Phobia Consults
We help dogs who are fearful or aggressive at the vet’s office become more comfortable with:
- Blood draws
- Nail trimming
- Administering eye or ear medication
- …and more!
Appointments with Dr. Valli
- Contact us to schedule a consultation. Dr. Valli sees appointments on Monday, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays at the Synergy Behavior Center in NW Portland.
- We require a $100 reservation deposit which will be applied to the total cost of the consult. Here is an online deposit payment link for your convenience. You may also call us to give us a credit card number over the phone. If you prefer to pay by check, please mail it. We will hold your appointment for up to 5 business days then open it up for scheduling again if your deposit is not received by that time.
- Fill out the online Dog Behavior History Form. Please submit the form no later than 72 hours prior to your consultation. The more detail you provide in the form, the more time we can spend devising and implementing your pet’s customized treatment plan.
- Cancellation policy: We understand that life happens, and things can change suddenly or unexpectedly, leaving you unable to attend your scheduled appointment. Please review our cancellation policy to determine what applies to different circumstances.
- Cancellation without rescheduling the appointment – deposit is not refunded
- Rescheduling the appointment at least 72 hours before a scheduled appointment time – the deposit can be applied to a rescheduled appointment one time. If the appointment is cancelled or rescheduled a second time, the deposit is not refunded
- Rescheduling or canceling an appointment within 72 hours of a scheduled appointment – the deposit is not refunded
During the consult, Dr. Valli will spend some time observing your dog and clarifying any questions she may have from the Behavior History Form that you filled out prior to the consult. Following this, she will…
- Help you understand your dog’s behavior,
- Discuss diagnosis and prognosis of the problem behaviors,
- Discuss treatment options with you, including immediate environmental management solutions, and a brief description of behavior modification techniques as appropriate. The techniques described will be progressive, compassionate, and minimally invasive
- Discuss follow-up recommendations based on you and your pet’s needs
After the consultation, Dr. Valli will send you a summary of the consultation findings and send a copy to your regular veterinarian as well to keep them updated as part of your pet’s behavioral health team. Follow-up behavior modification classes and sessions are often recommended for treatment, and are available with one of our Certified trainers.
The initial consultation includes phone and e-mail contact with Dr. Valli up to your pet’s first Progress Evaluation Recheck, which occurs between 4-6 weeks after the initial assessment depending on the dog’s behavioral conditions and treatment plan. After this, patients are seen every 3-6 months depending on the complexity of their cases.
|Behavioral Health Assessment (At Behavior Center)*||$275, up to 1 hour|
|Behavior Progress Evaluation (For existing clients, at Behavior Center)*||$195, up to 1 hour|
|Additional pet with problem directly related to primary pet’s problem(for example two dogs that are fighting)||$75|
* Includes email and phone support until the time of your dog’s next recommended Progress Evaluation.
**Please contact us for our travel zone.